> Masters Degree in Game Design – One of the finest degrees to be a professional Game Designer
Masters Degree in Game Design – One of the finest degrees to be a professional Game Designer
Masters Degree in Game Design
Nowadays children are more interested in electronic games rather than indoor or outdoor games. Video or Computer game is one of the strongest entertainment packages especially in children and youth. We love to play games, we get entertained through it but do we know about its internal working style, how does it function or how are these entertainment packages made for us? If you are interested to know, earn the degree for game design. To learn the higher version and advanced skills get enrolled with the Masters Degree in Game Design. Through this program you will learn the best skills in designing games which will help you to get the professional qualities of game designer in you.
After earning the bachelors degree in this field I thought for further education in the same field and got enrolled with the Masters Degree in Game Design. In the bachelors degree I was introduced to some of the vital principles of the field and techniques of using the important software. In the masters degree I learned the detail and higher version of the field. To play games is easy but to create a game, design it, is a real challenge and I could experience it when I became professional Game Designer. Before designing the games, one should be perfect in designing and sketching. If you hold the qualification in fine arts it will add as a beneficial step to your career. The designers have to plan and make the designs and set it step by step with the programming codes.
In today’s technology world things are changing rapidly with great improvement. Masters Degree in Game Design trains you with the best techniques that are enlisted below:
- Plan and draw the sketches on paper and discuss it with your colleagues.
- Prepare the storyboard of the game.
- Make some innovative designs and always welcome the suggestions but implement on the appropriate one.
- Sketch it on paper and then sketch it out on computers.
- After sketching the character on computers the next step is shading, rigging, texturing and modeling on it.
- After this step it trains you to add the color and effects on it and then animate it and add emotions or the other features in it.
- After the model is prepared the characters are animated or according to the game plan step by step.
- The programmers and designers test their game or project before finalizing it.
As a Game Designer I have learned the 2D and 3D designs and animations. Let me tell you this field is broad and you will get great job opportunities. One has to be creative and explorative in his ideas. This field is one of the fastest growing fields. After earning the Masters Degree in Game Design as a game designer you will have great demand at the industrial level. The competition level is tremendously increasing in the field.
Other than Game Designer there are many best job designations in this field like lead programmer, designer, animator, level designer, storyboard writer, project supervisor etc… Many colleges and universities offer job placement and internships. One can earn good income through this field and lead with a profitable career ahead.